Chocolate should no longer be thought of as an indulgence. It is a food to savor, not regret. These delicious muffins are a great start to your day or a mid day pick me up snack.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- 2/3 cup Sunbird Organics dark chocolate ashwagandha Blend
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- Pinch Sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, maple syrup, avocado oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients together, with the exception coconut sugar.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and allow to rest for an hour or overnight. This allows the baking soda and powder to work its magic.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-hole cupcake pan with liners.
- Spoon the muffin mix evenly into the cupcake pan, and sprinkle a little coconut sugar over each cupcake. Fill each liner about 3⁄4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (note: the chocolate will be melted, so it might not come out entirely clean).